Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Republicans uncertain as Obama confidently steps into US Presidency

Though the party has been mostly subdued all evening, a hush fell over the crowd once McCain began giving his concession speech. Though they felt it coming, the news has not been easy.

"I'll cry for awhile," said Sharlann Reely. "I mean, I'll pray for Obama and our country. I'm very disappointed and I can't hardly think past tomorrow."

"I'm very disappointed Mr. McCain lost," said Peggy Meads, county chairman. "However, I'm pleased he won Arkansas."

For the most part, Republican party members are trying to process the news and what it means for them.

"I've been considering joining the Air Force," David Harvey said, "but I would have preferred John McCain as the Commander and Chief."

The news is sinking in, but they are having trouble finding a silver lining. As Obama pulled ahead with the results, the Underground cleared of most its crowd. Only a few stayed behind to hear McCain speak.

"My only hope is that [Obama] governs more moderately than he campaigned," said Doug Phillips after McCain officially ending his race for Presidency.

1 comment:

Ashton said...

You interviewed my grandma! (Charlann) I'll probably be consoling her for a while it seems.